- nouna plan for setting aside money to be spent after retirement• Syn: ↑pension account, ↑retirement plan, ↑retirement savings plan, ↑retirement savings account, ↑retirement account, ↑retirement program
* * *noun: systematic provision by an employer for definitely determinable periodic incomes to employees upon retirement with or without funding; specifically : one financed exclusively by the employer — compare retirement plan
* * *1. a systematic plan created and maintained, as by a corporation, to make regular payments of benefits to retired or disabled employees, either on a contributory or a noncontributory basis.[1955-60]
* * *a system designed to provide people with a pension after they have made regular payments over a long period of timeVariant: pension scheme
* * *pension plan,a plan, usually set up on an actuarial basis by an employer alone or by an employer jointly with a union, to provide pensions for retired or disabled employees.
* * *noun, pl ⋯ plans [count]: an arrangement made with an employer to pay money to an employee after retirement
I work for this company because they have a good pension plan.
* * *ˈpension plan [pension plan] (BrE usually ˈpension scheme) (NAmE also reˈtirement plan) nouna system in which you, and usually your employer, pay money regularly into a fund while you are employed. You are then paid a ↑pension when you retire.See also: ↑retirement plan
Useful english dictionary. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
pension plan — UK / US or pension scheme UK / US noun [countable] Word forms pension plan : singular pension plan plural pension plans a system designed to provide people with a pension after they have made regular payments over a long period of time … English dictionary
pension plan — pension plans N COUNT A pension plan is an arrangement to receive a pension from an organization such as an insurance company or a former employer in return for making regular payments to them over a number of years. [BUSINESS] I would have been… … English dictionary
pension plan — n. A plan established by an employer to provide retirement benefits to employees. The Essential Law Dictionary. Sphinx Publishing, An imprint of Sourcebooks, Inc. Amy Hackney Blackwell. 2008. pension plan … Law dictionary
pension plan — also pension scheme BrE n an arrangement in which you pay money regularly into a pension fund while you are working, so that you will receive a ↑pension … Dictionary of contemporary English
pension plan — pension ,plan noun count the financial plan of a company or other organization for paying pensions to people … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
pension plan — A plan established and maintained by an employer primarily to provide systematically for the payment of definitely determinable benefits to his employees, or their beneficiaries, over a period of years (usually for life) after retirement.… … Black's law dictionary
Pension plan — A fund that is established for the payment of retirement benefits. The New York Times Financial Glossary * * * pension plan ˈpension ˌplan also reˈtirement ˌplan noun [countable] FINANCE HUMAN RESOURCES … Financial and business terms
pension plan — A fund that is established for the payment of retirement benefits. Bloomberg Financial Dictionary * * * pension plan ˈpension ˌplan also reˈtirement ˌplan noun [countable] FINANCE HUMAN RESOURCES … Financial and business terms
Pension Plan — A type of retirement plan, usually tax exempt, wherein an employer makes contributions toward a pool of funds set aside for an employee s future benefit. The pool of funds is then invested on the employee s behalf, allowing the employee to… … Investment dictionary
pension plan — /ˈpɛnʃən plæn/ (say penshuhn plan) noun a financial plan, especially a superannuation plan, designed to provide a pension to the holder. Also, pension scheme … Australian English dictionary